Thursday, September 2, 2010

Pink Bear Prototype

I've been working on designing a small pink plush bear. First, drew up the body on paper. 

After cutting it out on cardboard, I tried out what different eyes would look.

 





Time to cut out the pattern pieces on your felt cloth.


Time to piece the bear together. I use a blanket stitch. Start by sewing the triangular nose onto the white oval piece and sew the oval piece onto the pink body on the head section. Next sew the eyes on.

 

Pinch the bottom of the ears and sew the two ends together.

Sew the white oval belly part.


Next you sew on the ears.

Using the blanket stitch, sew the front and back pieces together. Sew only the head section together. Before sewing down the sides, stuff the head section with fiber fill. Then sew down along both sides.

 

Stuff the rest of the body and close off the ends.

Here's the finished pink bear prototype - 
 

I think I need to work on this guy's eyes. Maybe something a bit smaller and teary looking. Perhaps a rounder head. Whatcha think??




1 comment:

  1. haha, yes the bear's eyes look a little cross-eyed but that makes him more adorable...:D

    thanks for joining my giveaway!
    i hope you still check my blog after it!
    see yah!

    ♥ vanilla ice cream ♥

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments...feel free to leave one :-)