Thursday, April 12, 2012

Ceramics Day Two - Slab Technique

Second day in ceramics class today... I brought in what I did at home...

I realize that I had let it dry out already so I couldn't paint it with the underglaze. So, I will have it add to the ones to be bisque fired and just glaze it later on. I'm excited to do more jewelry stuff...

So today's lesson was the slab technique...we rolled out our clay between two pieces of wood. we had to put it between canvas so the clay wouldn't stick.

After rolling it we stamped a design and then beveled the edges so that we could stick the two ends together and come up with a cup...here's mine...




I guess the clay should have been thinner. Also, I'm hoping the cracks are just minor ones...had quite a hard time with these because so many cracks kept showing up...well I'm gonna cross my fingers and see how these two hold up...

I still have some extra clay left over..and i'm gonna try to play around and make more jewelry pieces! Yey..can't wait for the next session!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments...feel free to leave one :-)