Saturday, August 13, 2011

Polymer Clay Exhibit at La Salle University

Lots of new things have been keeping me busy lately...

First, Our local polymer clay guild, the Philippine Polymer Clay Guild was invited to participate in the "Pinoy Art Exhibit" of Yabang Pinoy at De La Salle University from August 8-10. Each day, different members of the guild helped watch the booth and displayed some of their creations (as well as the Trash to Treasure Challenge Entries)...

It was really nice to finally meet some of the members of the group...here are a few photos of the event taken on the last day...




And one of my favorite photos from the event was taken by Riezl An Leabres-Carpio...

It is of my polymer clay pens which I call Penny Pens...

I love how she captured the colors of the decorated pens! I'm definitely making more of these for the upcoming bazaars!

Second, We have a new challenge for the month of August. I'm still trying to think of something I could do for that...only half a month left...

Third, I have signed up and joined the Bead Soup Party hosted by Lori of Pretty Things. I have emailed my partner and commented on her blog and I'm awaiting for a response...hopefully, by tomorrow, which will be the third day, I will hear from her.

Fourth, I am frantically working on ideas for products I can sell for the upcoming Christmas rush....seems so early doesn't it. Actually, the "Ber" months are almost here and I need to be prepared this time. I already have a list going on and I try to work on this everyday...

Here's what I worked on yesterday...it is a polymer clay covered tin which was inspired by the beautiful work of Christine Kapono of Mandarin Moon.... I love her art...she does amazing polymer clay pieces...

Here is what I created, I call it 
DEL FONDO MARINO
(which means Ocean Floor in Spanish)




So far I just have the top of the tin covered but I also wanted to add clay along the sides of the tin box. I love how it turned out...especially after antiquing the baked top with brown and black acrylic paints.

Well, its a busy busy month...but I sure am enjoying it!

That's all for now...Have a great day!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments...feel free to leave one :-)