Friday, February 11, 2011

Color Palette Inspirations...Sneak Previews...

Since I decided to join in a couple of jewelry challenges, I've been digging through my stash of beads. (which reminds me that I really need to start organizing and setting up the craft room). I've looked at the challenge inspirations several times already and tried picking out beads from my stash with the colors from the selected art.

Here's what I picked out....

For the Art Bead Scene inspiration, they chose John Singer Sargent's Carnation, Lily, Lily,Rose -

There's a lot of pretty colors there and I picked out a lot of colors from my stash. I initially chose these....

Although, I loved all the colors, it just seemed to be a jumbled mess. I wanted to cut down the colors and simplify but I loved all of them. So I decided to have two separate color themes..... and it seemed to work out better.

For the first color theme, I used the grape and oracle colors....but I also added a slightly different light pink/flesh color too....

And the second color theme uses logan, lily, blue zodiac, and wewak...

There! Much better, I think.... It looks better and more harmonious!
It's great to have the color palettes all ready. It's much easier to create this way.

And as for the Margie and Me challenge, The Modern Madrid....I've picked out a couple of beads for the first inspiration...a photo by JMDasso


Here are my color choices.....

I'm not quite sure about the center piece bead yet....but, I sure do love the color palette. I also love the second inspiration, however, I may not have enough in my stash to have a complete piece for it. Let's see...there's only about a week and a day left to get going....

Lastly, I posted this new necklace on Etsy today.


It's a simple cluster pendant necklace that's perfect to go with the "In the Ocean of Blue" charm bracelet....
I got the idea from an inquiry today about the bracelet for a wedding party. As I was raking through my stash, I found those beautiful deep blue and violet beads and thought...wouldn't these look lovely with a gorgeous blue gown....so I gave it a try.... check it out in my etsy listing - here.
Here are some gorgeous dresses that would look awesome with this necklace....







No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments...feel free to leave one :-)