Thursday, February 3, 2011

Hopes To Design...

I sure do enjoy crocheting but, I've totally just started with this craft.I'm still learning a lot from the very basics. When I picked up a crochet hook about 2 months ago, I had very very little knowledge. I watched you tube videos, looked at a lot of blogs and tutorials and started to slowly pick up the craft.

Although there are a myriad of free patterns out there, I'd love to really design my own someday. A couple of days ago, I was at a bookstore and found a wonderful book of crochet border designs. It's called The Complete Book of CROCHET BORDER DESIGNS by Linda P. Schapper. I was excited to buy it because I knew that it would somehow help with my hopes in designing my own patterns.




Each page has several designs that I am very excited to try out! I notice the more stitches I try, the more I understand how crochet actually works. This understanding really helps in learning to design. I'm hoping that I'll at least be able to design my own simple scarf or shawl...which I'm quite addicted to at the moment. I actually joined the 11 shawls in 2011 in Ravelry.

Back to my WIPS....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments...feel free to leave one :-)