Monday, January 24, 2011

Finding Inspiration

I've been wanting to get back into creating jewelry but sadly, I am stuck in a rut. I wondered to myself...where can I find inspiration? And I found this nice challenge at Art Bead Scene... It is a monthly challenge where they feature an artist and one of the artist's work is used as the inspirational piece to create jewelry for the challenge.

One of the requirements, however, is that you use an art bead which they defined as ..."An art bead is a bead, charm, button or finding made by an independent artist. Art beads are the vision and handiwork of an individual artist."  Unfortunately, at this time, I use commercially produced beads in the creation of my jewelry. Although, I wanted to start dabbling in clays...I still have yet to start making my own beads. Thus, I am unable to join the wonderful challenge on the site.

However...I figured...why not just go ahead with the challenge using whatever I have. I may not be able to enter it into the contest but, perhaps I can get over my rut! So, I am giving it a go!!! Make it a personal challenge....And if anybody out there that for some reason or another cannot enter the contest at the  Art Bead Scene Challenge but, would still like to give it a try...let me know!!!

So this month...the challenge artist is Wayne Thiebaud. This is the painting they chose....
Brown River by Wayne Thiebaud

Using this color palette:

To find out more about the painting and artist you can visit the actual challenge at Art Bead Scene - here.

Wheels are turning...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments...feel free to leave one :-)