Thursday, January 27, 2011

Get Cozy - Iron Craft Challenge #4

This week's challenge at the Iron Craft was to make a coffee cozy.I thought about crocheting one, however, I'm still a novice at crochet so I decided to create one in felt.


I actually thought about this design at night when I suddenly got a craving for a caffe latte.  However, as part of my new year's resolution to lose weight, I vowed to drink less coffee to minimize the fatty milk I take in. I am a coffee lover so, this is a big deal for me...it almost breaks my heart. I haven't completely removed coffee entirely..though...and I just have to look forward to those days that I do get to have it....

So here's how I made my coffee cozy...

1. First I brought out the felt...so many pretty colors. I had to chose which ones to use...

2. Trace out the shapes needed.... and cut out all the pieces....




3. Use the glue gun to glue the pink pieces together and the brown pieces together... 

4. Pink thread is used to stitch around the edges of the heart.... do this for both sides of the heart...

5. Use scissors along the flat edge of the heart to cut four small holes...then thread pieces of yarn like you would a shoelace. I used 4 pieces of yarn together...

6. I brought out my rhinestone hot fix tool and swarovski rhinestones for bling... lined up how the blings would look before heat fixing them on...


7. Now glue the heart to the band and decorate the band with the bling....here's the unfolded cozy....


And the cozy in action....on my coca cola collectible glass...

Hope you enjoyed making the cozy with me :-) You can check out other cozies on the iron craft flickr group - here

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments...feel free to leave one :-)