Thursday, March 10, 2011

BTW ... I am a Bead Maker!!!


Posted a day late...but anyways..here's what I was working on....


It's my first try at making beads. I got some clay yesterday. I wanted to use an air dry type of clay....

Unfortunately, i think the clay is too brittle...thus the broken one on the right side. Maybe i made it too thin? I don't know a lot about making beads from clay yet and I think its going to take a lot of experimenting. I may have to try a different type of clay...I've read about cold clay (and it being air dry too). You can even make your own but I don't think I have the patience to make it myself. I want to get to the "making" of the beads itself right away.

My favorite part is painting and decorating the beads....


I chose gold, pink and white paints...mostly because those were the ones I had on hand.

And here are the ones that survived.... the 2 rectangular ones crumbled...perhaps they weren't quite dry yet when I started painting them....see how impatient I am...



I really enjoyed my foray into clay bead making... 
What's on your bead table today?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments...feel free to leave one :-)