Wednesday, March 9, 2011

My Love For Beads

I've had a love affair with beads for a  long long time now!

I actually have beads in my stash from back when I was in college and maybe even before then. I've thought about purging but before I can do that I would need to sort through them. I'm sure I'll get to that sometime this year as it is one of my new year's resolutions to have an organized craft room by year's end.

It's only March, however, so, that's still far from thought at the moment...what is floating around as an idea, though, is making my own beads. I've been hopping around a lot of blogs lately (mostly from the bead soup party) and I'm enamored by all those artisans that create their own beads. I'd love to learn how to do lampwork beads but, with no materials and tools available here, that is not possible for me...

So, looking at possibilities, I've come across several options...paper beads....paper mache beads (hand painted) and clay...

I think, right now, I've settled on clay. (This is the inspiration, too, from my last feature Friday) . I'm off this afternoon to procure some air dry clay at a local supplier.... still so much too learn, though... and I guess I'll have to do a search on the internet and read up on some techniques on how to handle clay.

Meanwhile, while working on my web store, I discovered, the free membership to webs.com only allows you to upload 5 items to the store (on their shopping cart mechanism thing-ee). So, I need to find another way to upload my products. I did find a site called Cashie that offers a free shopping cart and gateway to paypal. (I found this through paypal's site as one of their trusted partner solutions)

They provide a shopping cart, a check out and buttons which are quite simple to add to the website. However, I will have to create my own product pages and add the buttons for each item. At a quick glance, too, I have some questions regarding how they incorporate shipping charges to the order. I haven't tried it out yet, so I am holding off asking them about it.

Anyways, that's what I'm working on today.... busy, busy, busy...

Some of my bead supplies are already waiting to listed...since I took pictures and edited them yesterday....here are some of the glass pendants that I will be offering at my online store...

 
 

 


  


Cuties, aren't they? Watch out for them at my online shop....

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments...feel free to leave one :-)